The Dallas Mavericks are in the first round of playoffs and struggling to stay in the race. They were the best team in the league during regular season but they are playing against Golden State who always give them trouble.
I am not really a huge sports fan....definitely don't have the talent to play anything....I mean it...i have zero athletic ability....but i do enjoy following certain sports. I truly enjoy watching basketball and football.
But, the reason for this post is not to profess my love and devotion towards sports....so let me get to the point. (btw...i am known to always go on tangents and take the extremely long and scenic route to get to the destination of any story...my friends will not hesitate to confirm this)
Seeing the mavs struggle has brought to the surface a very unexpected reaction in me. I feel very invested in their fate....when the mavs lost game 4, i felt literally heartbroken....tears started welling up in my eyes, i had a hard time falling asleep....so of course i had to then spend the next few days thinking about why i felt this way.
There is of course the obvious reason...i am from dallas and support all of the local sports clubs, but its more than team spirit....the mavs worked so hard all season but just can't seem to close the deal.....this makes them feel like a kindred spirit. I always work hard at everything, but can't seem to stay consistent...can't seem to seal the deal. I tend to get discouraged, disappointed, disheartened, disheveled, (d)lazy along the way. So, i feel the pain of the mavs....I hope they don't lose in the first round of playoffs....
I am not really a huge sports fan....definitely don't have the talent to play anything....I mean it...i have zero athletic ability....but i do enjoy following certain sports. I truly enjoy watching basketball and football.
But, the reason for this post is not to profess my love and devotion towards sports....so let me get to the point. (btw...i am known to always go on tangents and take the extremely long and scenic route to get to the destination of any story...my friends will not hesitate to confirm this)
Seeing the mavs struggle has brought to the surface a very unexpected reaction in me. I feel very invested in their fate....when the mavs lost game 4, i felt literally heartbroken....tears started welling up in my eyes, i had a hard time falling asleep....so of course i had to then spend the next few days thinking about why i felt this way.
There is of course the obvious reason...i am from dallas and support all of the local sports clubs, but its more than team spirit....the mavs worked so hard all season but just can't seem to close the deal.....this makes them feel like a kindred spirit. I always work hard at everything, but can't seem to stay consistent...can't seem to seal the deal. I tend to get discouraged, disappointed, disheartened, disheveled, (d)lazy along the way. So, i feel the pain of the mavs....I hope they don't lose in the first round of playoffs....
No comments:
Post a Comment