I once used to teach people how to telemarket. (DON'T JUDGE!!!) The classes lasted about 2 weeks and on the first day i had to play one of those cheesy icebreaker games with the students so everyone could get to know each other. Cheesy it may have been....but it was also surprisingly effective. So, as an ode to my old telemarketing days, i will introduce myself in my very first blog entry using the same icebreaker i used in those days.....My name is ****. I am 28 years old. If there was a movie made about my life, it would be entitled "A Brave New World" and the person who would play me would be Salma Hayek (people used to say i looked like her, but i promise i am not bragging because alas...beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder....as others have said i look like Jay Leno!)
I am starting this blog to force my self to return to my lost habits of introspection and escapism (i hope that's a word). Descartes' now way overused quote, "I think, therefore i am" has always haunted me, defined me. I like to think and re-think and overthink and then think some more!!! The only thing i love doing more than thinking is escaping....into my own little dream world. I am a pisces and truly embody the characterictic piscean trait of dreaming/escaping. But, ever since I graduated law school (Did i mention i am a lawyer...i know...yuck!) and entered the grind of long work hours, demanding bosses, unappreciating clients, mortgages, 401k's, decreasing metabolism and increasing old age....i feel like i have ignored my favorite pasttimes...So, my hope is that this blog will allow me to return to my old loves....
I am starting this blog to force my self to return to my lost habits of introspection and escapism (i hope that's a word). Descartes' now way overused quote, "I think, therefore i am" has always haunted me, defined me. I like to think and re-think and overthink and then think some more!!! The only thing i love doing more than thinking is escaping....into my own little dream world. I am a pisces and truly embody the characterictic piscean trait of dreaming/escaping. But, ever since I graduated law school (Did i mention i am a lawyer...i know...yuck!) and entered the grind of long work hours, demanding bosses, unappreciating clients, mortgages, 401k's, decreasing metabolism and increasing old age....i feel like i have ignored my favorite pasttimes...So, my hope is that this blog will allow me to return to my old loves....
No comments:
Post a Comment