Friday, October 5, 2007

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.....

As you can tell from the previous two posts which have been written within the same hour...i am in a bit of a pensive mood tonight. But, i have decided to snap out of it. So, here's something a bit more cheery. I wanted to talk about some of my favorite things. So, here goes....
My favorite book is The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner....i read this book in high school and have read many books since then, but really....nothing compares. I love how Faulkner shows love, caring, functionality, peace through exploring relationships and circumstances which are completely devoid of these qualities. It is a brilliant depiction of human nature and behavior.
My favorite movie is an indian movie called Masoom....there are no words to describe it....it was a movie ahead of its times....go watch it with a box of kleenex...i guarantee you won't regret it.
My favorite time of the day is when I lie in bed next to J at the end of the day and watch him fall asleep in 3 seconds flat while I struggle to summon the sleep gods to smile upon me. I am also a huge fan of saturday mornings....i love waking up late and not worry about rushing to do a zillion things.
My favorite food is biryani and karahi chicken from al markaz....i can literally eat this stuff for the rest of my life.
My favorite TV show is....wait i have to break this down into categories....i am a huge TV fan. I like TV shows better than movies because it becomes a part of your life week after week. I love that connectivity. Ok....so my favorite comedy show is Scrubs....oh how i love JD with his insecurities and imperfections, his daydreams and obsessions, his hero worship of Dr. Cox and man-love of Chocolate Bear. I love JD! My favorite drama is Gilmore Girls....oh how i wish i could talk like Lorelai and Rory...oh how I wish I lived in a place where colorful characters like Kirk and Babetter, Taylor and Miss Patty make their home. The show is now over but it still holds a very special place in my heart.
My favorite on-screen couple is Jim and Pam from the office. I feel like they are most like me and J.(Incidentally Jim and J share the first letter of their first name and Pam and I share the first letter of our first names....coincidence....i think not!). They are not showy and pretentious....they know what constitutes a good relationship....a real connection....No one else gets them the way they get each other.
My favorite off-screen couple are my oldest aunt and uncle. Once again....a real connection....a lasting love....today they are celebrating over 30 years of marraige...i hope J and i get to do the same one day.
My favorite on-screen characters are JD (shocker!) and Eric Foreman - love the self-deprecating, real, and funny guys. I also love Peter and Stewie from Family guy and of course Cartman from Southpark.
I am also a huge fan of Kidd Kraddick in the Morning radio show....Kidd is a self-centered ass, but he is funny. I love Kelly on the show....she is such a straight shooter....i also love the characters of kinsey and poolat sanj....very funny.
I love linen pants and dark chocolate, lillies and daisies....dogs and coffee.
I love colors and the sound of my best friend K's laugh, saris and fat babies.
I love writing....and wish i was better at it....wish i could do it all day....
I love reminscing and hate forgetting.
I love the way fat babies wobble when they try to sit and eventually tip over because they can't balance their fatness.
I love the folds and hanging skin on an old person's arms when they shakily reach for something.
I love traveling and wish i could do it more.
I love the little squares that go on forever in my engagment ring, the way i feel when i drive my car fast all of a sudden and commercials with babies or monkeys.
I love the way my teeth feel right after i go to the dentist for a cleaning and the way my hair feels right after a haircut.
I love the first days of fall and spring and winter....cloudy days and fireplaces.
I love randomness and lounging on the couch, hardwood floors and soft blankets.
I love sleep....and that's what i am going to do now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you dont miss dirty-grey pinafore uniforms with matching grey socks? how abt saying "girlie" all the time? do you not miss that?

:)

lovely post!

- t

pri said...

I do miss the uniforms...and the word pinafore and of course girlie...and you - my favorite girlie of all time!